Kris’ Quote, Johnny’s Cash & Charley’s Pride
Kris Kristofferson writes. That is what he does. Sure, he sings, acts, raises his voice & money in support of causes that he believes in – But most of all – he writes.
Peter Cooper writes, too. The title of his book makes me smile.
Kris Kristofferson Quote
A Kris Kristofferson quote on the back cover of Peter Cooper’s book says,
“Peter Cooper looks at the world with an artist’s eye and a human heart and soul.”
Why I am Ordering this Book
- Kris Kristofferson gave the author the thumbs up. That alone sold me.
- Endorsements include
- Hank Williams Jr
- Tom T. Hall (member Country Music Hall of Fame)
- John Prine (member Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame)
- American Songwriter magazine
- The author was a journalist for The Tennessean, & is a senior director, producer, and writer at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Peter Cook chronicles his experiences with legends and others in the country music scene. hence the subtitle – Lasting Legends and Untold Adventures in Country Music
- Most of all, I want to read stories & tales that include Cowboy Jack Clement, Waylon Jennings, Chet Atkins, Johnny Cash, Charley Pride & many others – Especially, Kris Kristofferson.
A recent article by Tim Gianni (the author’s ex-Boss & close friend) says
Peter Cooper is “A musician who has a few albums out himself, he relished every moment, every opportunity, to spend time with Music City’s finest citizens, listening to their tales.”
The book is “a human-flavored read that begins with Cowboy Jack Clement ………..and ends with Waylon Jennings talking to him about Chet Atkins after that great guitarist, RCA exec and Nashville innovator had died.”
Quotes the author saying, “I spent a lot of time off the clock around Cowboy Jack Clement and Tom T. Hall and Kris Kristofferson, because I recognized they were extraordinary people and because I’m selfish, and I wanted to hear the things that they had to say when I wasn’t writing for publication.” &
“I wrote it as if I was talking to someone at the Three Crow Bar who had just happened in and sat at the bar stool next to me.”
& Mr. Cooper wrote & wrote – 253 pages in all, framed in 19 Chapters.
Browse the SHOP
Subscribe – Look right – (No spam ever)
If you read this book, please contact us if you have a review to share.
Credits & Citations: Article by Tim Gianni , Amazon Reviews, Notes from the book cover.